Infrastructure as Code
Blog Posts by Gruntwork about terraform
If you just start using terraform these are really handy resources written in the grundwork blog:
- A Comprehensive Guide to Terraform
- Why we use Terraform and not Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, or CloudFormation
- An Introduction to Terraform
- How to manage Terraform state
- How to create reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules
- Terraform tips & tricks: loops, if-statements, and gotchas
- How to use Terraform as a team
If you do terraform, read it. It is a quick and good read and you will save a lot of time doing common mistakes.
Out of these blog post Yevgeniy Brikman has created the book “Terraform Up & Running”.
Terraform Remote State
HashiCorp offers a free remote state for small teams and personal projects.
Infrastructure as Code in one video
Damn good talk about Infrastructure as Code and the state of it.
Keep your terraform configuration DRY
When using multiple states you can create the remote backend dynamically with this tool. Less copy paste for remote backend setup.
Using multiple terraform version on your machine
How to test terraform modules
Production Readiness Checklist - Everything you need to do to go live
Production Readiness Checklist It is not to specific to AWS