A really good talk about Memory Management in Linux “SREcon19 Asia/Pacific - Linux Memory Management at Scale: Under the Hood":
Learned a lot:
- RSS is only measured because it is easy
- It is not easy to check if your memory is overalocated. It could also be just used very efficiently
- cgroupsv1 vs cgroupv2
- SWAP is good to free up memory which is not backed up by anything on the disk. (anon memory)
- In defence of swap: common misconceptions
- Linux ate my ram! Don’t Panic! Your ram is fine!
Userspace oom software
Finding a package for every distribution
Ever wanted to know how to install
telet in alpine but forgot the package name for that distribution?
This website can help!
A really nice shell
I use this with the Powerlevel10k Theme